News Correspondent, abptakmaa, Kolkata, 30th May 2020 : Metropolis Healthcare Ltd (NSE: METROPOLIS | BSE: 542650) – a leading diagnostic service provider – announced its audited consolidated financial results today for the financial year (FY20) ended March 31, 2020 and the fourth quarter (Q4FY20) ended March 31, 2020.
FY20 : Revenue INR 856Cr (+12.6% YOY), B2C Revenue 56% (+400bps), No of Tests 19.62 Mn (+15.7%YOY)
Q4FY20 : Revenue INR 206Cr (+2.7% YOY), B2C Revenue 56% (+200bps), No of Tests 5.26 Mn (+7.1%YOY)
“We are at frontlines of COVID 19 testing and our team is working with a deep sense of urgency and commitment to make sure that patients and doctors get reliable diagnosis as early as possible. The Pandemic has put the diagnostic industry at the cusp of a dynamic shift and established pathology chains like us are set to benefit and cement leadership position. Additionally, as business returns to normal, the momentum will shift in favour of COVID capable labs with customers increasingly choosing trusted brands that offer quality, safety, and reliability. Increased engagement with government and regulatory authorities has opened new avenues and possibilities in the future.
Digital transformation, a growing test menu, and a relentless pursuit of superior customer experience has made Metropolis stronger in our core markets even as we acquire market share in other geographies. We will continue to put quality, safety, and hygiene at the core of patient service.”
Ameera Shah, Promoter and Managing Director, Metropolis Healthcare Ltd.
Metropolis is one of the 1st Private Laboratory to commence Covid-19 testing in the country, five fully equipped and audited labs for COVID testing. Our dedicated COVID Lab in Maharashtra is also accredited by NABL for COVID 19 testing.
Despite the pandemic crisis and partial loss of revenue for the month of March FY20, the company recorded ROCE of 40.0% and ROE to 27.0% in FY20
Our Revenue growth is estimated at 15.1% in Q4FY20 and 15.9% in FY20 adjusting for Covid-19 impact. In March we lost Revenue and EBITDA of ~Rs. 25cr and ~Rs. 17cr respectively
Company’s network as of Q4FY20 consists of124 laboratories and 2,731 patient service centers. We have initiated Service Network rationalization with a view to increase the productivity and efficiency of the network.
Revenue per patient stands at INR 856 in FY20 as compared to INR 854 in FY19
With strong Balance Sheet of zer0-debt and high cash reserves of INR 223cr, Metropolis is poised to increase market share.
OCF / EBITDA improved significantly to 92.7% in FY20 from 43.9% in FY19. Our OCF to EBIDTA ratio is constantly increasing and with no large Capex requirements, Free Cash flows of the company will further strengthen Balance Sheet to support growth
A total of 49 new tests (1 in Infectious Molecular, 6 in Chemistry, 40 in molecular pathology and 2 in clinical genetics) have been validated and added to the test menu in Q4FY20 thus expanding our capabilities to conduct more specialized tests
Metropolis and its key management team won a total of 10 awards in FY20 including industry awards for Leader of Year, Patient Experience, Best IT practices, Best Network Optimization, Excellence in Logistics and Marketing Campaigns
Some Awards won in FY20
- Our MD, Ms. Ameera Shah won the Leader of the Year: NextGen award at the CNBC-AWAAZ CEO Award organized by CNBC Awaaz held at Raipur
- Metropolis won the Most Admired Healthcare Company of the Year and our CEO, Mr. Vijender Singh won the “Best Business Leader of the Year” award at Business Leader of the Year Awards, 2020
- Lister Metropolis won the Best Medical Diagnostic Company in Quality Excellence award at the TANCARE 2020 organized by FICCI in association with the New Indian Express.
- Metropolis won the award for Best IT Practices at the Data Center Summit, 2019 – October 2019
- Metropolis won the ‘Best Logistics Network Optimization’ & ‘Best use of Technology in Logistics’ awards announced at the 5th Asian Supply Chain Thought Leadership Summit & Awards in Mumbai. November 2019
- Our Chairman, Dr. Sushil Shah, won the ‘Lifetime Achievement Award’ at the South Asia Pacific Healthcare Summit & Business Awards, 2019 for his immense contribution to the diagnostic industry. December 2019
- Our MD, Ms. Ameera Shah won the ‘Best Woman Entrepreneur of the Year’ in Healthcare Sector award at the ASSOCHAM Women Leadership & Empowerment Summit & Awards for her outstanding leadership and achievements in the diagnostic industry. December 2019
- Metropolis won the Patient Experience team of the Year Award at PEXA Awards 2019 in Delhi December 2019
- Metropolis also bagged ‘Excellence in Logistics’ award at the CII SCALE Awards 2019 – Supply Chain & Logistics Excellence Awards organized by Confederation of Indian Industries December 2019
- Metropolis won a special mention as the Best Performance-Driven Digital Campaign Award at the InkSpell Drivers of Digital Awards 2019. December 2019. Publicity : Perfect Relations.