Ambar Bhattacharya, abptakmaa, Kolkata, 18th July 2019 : The Directors’ Association of Eastern India (Film & TV) in an Emergency General Body Meeting on Sunday undertook certain resolutions related to non-payments of directors and structuring the process of agreements.
President Ashok Vishwanathan, General Secretary Sandip Chowdhury and Vice-Presidents Anindya Sarkar and Srijit Ray presided over the meeting. More than 100 members of the association were present.
“This meeting was imminent as the directors have no consolidated voice in the industry, especially Television industry. There are around 60 fiction and non-fiction shows in various channels, but the process of payments, appointments and removal are arbitrary. We want to bring a structure in the whole thing. Our aim is not to go into any collision with anyone. Our aim is to voice the rights and concern of the directors,” said Sandip Chowdhury.
It was announced during the meeting that after follow-up by the DAEI and other bodies various organisations that had not paid their dues to the directors are beginning to clear them. Pending TDS is also being cleared.
The decisions taken have been sent to the federation for ratification. We will implement the same from August 1, 2019.
POINTERS OF DECISIONS:
• Agreement between the Producer/Production House and the Director of a Project is a must
• Directors of Mega serials are dropped or changed without notice. This needs to stop. A minimum of 15 days notice is a must. This would be applicable both ways.
• Payment for every month has to be made within the 10th of next month.
• DAEI is coming up with a quarterly magazine.
• DAEI is entering into a tie-up with Peerless Group of Hospitals where the members of DAEI are going to receive special priorities in the field of health care.
• Seminars are being planned to enhance the quality of work and to facilitate interaction between senior and experienced directors and newcomers. Discussions would be held to decide a path to further raise the quality of work in general. Publicity : Carpe Dium Communique.